Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ms. Encore Couture

I want to congratulate my friend Lakesha Heath for winning Ms. Encore Couture. I'm such a proud friend. She deserves it, too. I met Ke Ke when I was 22 and we have had a great friendship ever since. We meet at church, but since then we have moved onto other churches and have seen each other sporadically. When we do see each other, its like we never missed a beat.

Now, this pageant was for full-figure women, and about time! Most women aren't even a size 2. Even Marilyn Monroe, who many men drool over, wore a size 16. She was featured in the Herald in Rock Hill, SC and I saw some of the comments. They weren't very nice. I think for some people, if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all. I'm sure there is a flaw or something you don't like about yourself that people can talk about.

I just want to say, I think Lakesha is a very beautiful woman inside and out. She is a great friend, sister, encourager, truthful, loyal, and has a big & good heart. She is an extrovert and probably wouldn't care about the negativity people say about her, because she is on cloud nine. Mama, keep doing your thing. You are definitely going places and people are always going to hate. If you have hundreds of haters, than baby you are doing something right! Love you always!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great example of how friends should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say keep up the good work on the blogs; love it... this is your gift for sure. You express yourself very well through words. I want to say, we will always remain good friends... you know that! I got nothing but love for you mama! You good people in the best since... If i dont get to go on the cruise I will definitely have to take you to lunch!!! lets go get us some good food! I LOVE YOU!!! thanks for the encouragement muah!!!

    ReplyDelete