Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Religious People


Now, religion is a very touchy subject, so I'm going to try to say the politically right things. Ok? So, I have been around people and they have told me that they don't do certain things because they are "religious." For an example, a guy goes to a strip club with his and says he didn't look or didn't go in because he is "religious." Now for me, I would be a little taken back, I don't know about you, but to me that seems a little strange. So, what was the point of him going to the club. Just to say he went, umm.....I don't think so. Its like putting candy in front of a child and the child says he/she didn't touch the candy.

Some people, like me, think when some people call themselves religious they are hiding something or they are being phony. Some people who call themselves religious are the most hypocritical and judgmental people in the world. But on the other hand some people say that if some people call themselves religious to help them get through the day, then let them.

I just feel that instead of saying you are religious just say you are a devote Christian, Catholic, Jew, etc. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm too judgemental. Please let me know what you think about this subject. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I agree Tameika! If people are of a certain faith they should say I'm a christian, muslim, etc. but they should not say things like I'm a baptist, methodist, catholic becaue these are all denominations but all of the christian faith so therefore, they ahould all say they are christians but they attend a Baptist, Methodist, or Catholic church. Finally, we should keep in mind that the Bible says we will know people by the fruits they bear--meaning they way they carry themselves and treat others!

    ReplyDelete