Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Did God Program Men to Cheat?






A few weeks ago, I had a conversation with one of my guy friends. He said even though he has a girlfriend and a beautiful baby, he has this inkling to want to sleep with more women. He said God made him want to cheat and that maybe we aren't supposed to be with one person our whole lives. My first response was, "Wow! I didn't know God would make anyone want to cheat on their significant other?" But this is what I told him:

"God did not make us to be pimps or whores. He did not make us to want to indulge with many sexual partners. It is us, who do not have self-control. We are so into, we have to have the best of everything, even have the baddest and best men/women on our arms. Sex is not meant to be game of who can get the most points and the most number of people."

I'm so tired of people making excuses for why they cheat. It is not right to cheat. If you do not want to be in the relationship anymore, just say it. I'm sure your mate will be hurt a little by you telling the truth, but will be devastated if you stay and make the cheating your mate's fault. People just need to take more responsibility for their actions.

By the end of our conversation, my guy friend realized he was to blame for wanting to sleep with more women. I'm not sure if he cheated or not, but I hope he didn't. I think everyone has their own flaws and we have our own temptations. We have God to help us not to indulge in our temptations. God did not program us to cheat! God programed us to be monogamous people.

Do you think God program men (man and woman) to cheat? Let me know your opinion. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting topic. I am not sure if we were designed to cheat. Is it cheating if you have an open relationship? I believe that you and your mate must agree on things for your relationship. You and your mate has to determine what is acceptable. At the end of it all you have to be able to live with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think people are designed to be solely with one person for the rest of their life. It is like having a favorite song for the rest of your life and you cant change it or even think about changing it. We are not machines, we have emotions likenesses, traits, and thoughts and these can vary and change.

    Men will always think about having sex with other women. Nothing will change change that. Get use to it. Sex is just sex, nothing further. Us men have a different premise on sex than women, so it is difficult at times to understand each others mind sets.

    If God programmed us to be monogamous why sint it working? He might as well have not programmed us at all. I guess his programming doesn't work. but that's another topic.

    ReplyDelete