Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Back!

So, I have been away from writing on the cyber world for a while now. I was taking some time out to live and actually come up with some great topics for you. I have been traveling this summer, working, and enjoying my family and friends. I wanted to talk you about this movie I saw called "Eat, Pray, Love." I really enjoyed this movie and I took away somethings from this movie I would like to share with everyone.

(1) I find myself wanting to go find myself by traveling the world, but do I have to really do that? I can find myself right here where I live. I just need to stay true to myself and learn how to stop and appreciate life as it comes. God didn't put me here to be depressed, angry, have low self-esteem, or frustrated my whole life. Besides, the last time I said I wanted to find myself, I almost landed on the floor. Just make sure you have the money to pay for your travels yourself because telling a black mother you want to find yourself, you just might end up being splattered on the floor....lol...=).

(2) I need to learn that everything is not for me. Just because I want something or someone doesn't mean I can obtain it. People come in and out of your life for a reason. Some people stay in your life forever. No matter what, we all learn the same lessons just at different times in our lives.

(3) I am my worst enemy. I need to stop telling myself negative things. When negative things or sayings keep being kicked in your head constantly, you start to think about it. God made me perfect just the way I am. I need not to be in a rush to have what I think I should have at the moment, no instant gratification. I need to let things gradually happen. I need to stop worrying what I look like to others because I should know who I am and what I stand for. Life is too short to listen to every little thing someone else has to say about you.

(4) Lastly, I need to learn how to forgive other and forgive myself. We love to harbor things people do wrong to us. We need to learn how to forgive them not to only help them heal, but it is mainly for us to heal. But we never forget. We also need to learn how to forgive ourselves. We are so hard on ourselves we can't even appreciate life. We get scared and think people think the worst of us when they stare.

No matter what, I'm going to live life like I have never lived it before. I hope you take that chance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment