Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day




I used to hate this day with a passion. Every time this holiday came around I never had anyone to be with. The one time I had a valentine, that person was with me out of pity. He made me hate it even more. But what is this holiday's real point?

To me, why do you have to have this one day where you show someone you love how much you love them? Shouldn't you show love to people all the time, 365, 24/7? I really think its just a way for the greeting card companies to get more money.

Well, since I have matured, having someone (boyfriend) around to buy me something is not something I long for. I finally got this love thing down. I'm already loved by my family and friends. The one thing I miss about this holiday is when I was a kid my grandparents would buy me a Carvel ice cream cake.I don't need any man to validate who I am as a person. When he comes, he will let me know.

I went out with a group of my girlfriends and I had the time of my life. We didn't bash men, we just enjoyed ourselves and ate a lot. I hope you all have a great day and remember 1 Corth. 13:4-7 tells the true meaning of love. I would love to know how you day went. Or tell me what was the best Valentine's Day you ever had. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Once you really have a really good relationship for more then a few months to a year and you are able to enjoy all the holiday's of that year? I beleave you will look back on your point of view and you will see that you see that your statement borderline crossover???

    ReplyDelete