Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Living in Freedom

Living in Freedom


As I was growing up, I was rejected by many people because I had a medical problem. To them, a medical problem means I am weak and I might be contagious. All my life I have been trying to fit in this realm of society. But I have been reading my Bible, Joyce Meyer’s Enjoying Where You are on the Way to Where You are Going, and William Paul Young’s The Shack, and realized that God has freed me to live a life without boundaries. I no longer feel I have to fit in. I am my own person.


Most of my life I have struggled with understanding God and I why I had to go through much physical and emotional pain. As my spiritual bond with God gets stronger, Galatians 5:1 tells me how God sent Jesus to set me free. I need to stand firm and don’t let others burden me again. I don’t need any man to confirm that I’m free to be me because Jesus already has done it. What people say and think of me shouldn’t burden me at all. God made me just the way I’m supposed to be.


We as humans are to live as free men, but we shouldn’t use our freedom as a cover up of our sin. We need to live as servants to God. So in 1 Peter 2:16, God is telling me that I need to be myself and live free, but I shouldn’t use my freedom as a way to do what I want to do. It’s all about God and being in his will. I can’t do anything without a consultation with God. So since God’s Spirit is everywhere then there is freedom everywhere. As in 2 Corinthians 3:17, God is with us, everywhere I go, so I’m free to go and be whoever I choose to be. God and I set my own standards. So, there is nowhere I can ever feel rejected.

We are free, but don’t let our freedom indulge in sin. We are to serve one another. Galatians 5:13 is where God is telling us how we are here to help one another. We need each other more than we think. We are six degrees of being separated from the next person we meet. So, take the time out to help someone and/or just pay it forward.


As we pay it forward God says in him and through our faith we can obtain our freedom with confidence (Ephesians 3:12). So, the next time someone makes you feel uncomfortable or is just rude and says something mean to you, just know God is there with you and you are free to be the person God has rightly made.




No comments:

Post a Comment