Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Are You Greedy?


Since the beginning of November, I have been disgusted by the terrible behavior of us humans. We are so consumed with instant gratification of material things, we have camped out, trampled people and even shoot at others to get our fix. It seems as though people have become like crack feens over materialistic things, its nauseating. Its just we are so greedy that we can't see that Christmas is all about love, being & spending time with family, and celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Actually, greed has nothing to do with money. Greed is when you take more than what you need. We bust our butts for a 40hr or more a week job and still complain about what we don't have. We also spaz out when funds are low, but what will you actually do if you were that 1% who have all that money and power? Would you be happy? Would you go against your morals and your beliefs?

I have to confess, I have been complaining. I have been complaining that I don't make enough money. I have been feeling like I'm a disappointment because I haven't found the right job for me and I'm not using my degree at all. I have also been feeling like why am I still at my parents house? What is the point of disability if its at a set rate?

What I and many other people don't notice, is that I don't need to complain. God has always provided for all my needs and most of my wants. Many people can't find a job and I'm lucky to work for myself. I'm still at my parents house because I'm on disability, and I do have a plan to be on my own. I'm should be grateful to be on disability because my medical condition has made it so that I can't work a 40hr week.

So, this Christmas we need to learn to see the little things. We should open our eyes and see the glass half full instead of half empty. God, family, and friends should be all that counts in life. If you give a gift, its the thought that counts. The gift doesn't have to be as much as your rent. All I want to do is be able to live comfortably and I'm doing exactly that! I never want to compromise my morals and beliefs just for a status. I'm right where I need to be. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment