Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Django Unchained


When I woke up Chrsitmas day, the first thing I did was not open gifts, but I went to see Django Unchained. I really wanted to see the midnight show, but no theatre was showing a midnight show since it was Christmas Eve. I just couldn't wait to see this movie and this movie exceeded all my expectations.

Django Unchained was an astonshing movie. It was dramatic, comical, inspiring, amazing, and educational all at once. I'm so glad someone did a pre-civial war movie where there was no great white hope helping the slaves. I'm also glad there is a movie from a slaves point of view about slavery because America always down plays slavery. America wants people to forget and get over slavery, but when it comes to the Holocust it was a tragedy when the Holocust didn't even happen in this country. Slavery happened. We must understand and accept it. It is a big piece of American history that needs to be acknowledged and Tarantino acknowledges it in Django Unchained.

Tarantino is a genius when it comes to screenwriting and being a director. I enjoy all of Tarantino's movie, but this movie is by favorite from him. All of Tarantino's films are controversial and this movie didn't have any exceptions. Spike Lee, the film director, said he wasn't going to see Django Unchained because it is disrespectful to his ancestors. Well, I'm African-American and I didn't think this movie was disrepectful to our ancestors. I think Mr. Lee should have gone to see the movie before forming an opinion. Plus, I haven't seen Mr. Lee rush and direct any new movies, especially on slavery.

I recommend this movie for everyone to see this movie. Now a day, people are forgetting all the trials and tribulations America went through before it became America the free. We need to know our history before we know where we are going. I give it 5 stars out of 5. Before you see this movie make sure you use the restroom because you aren't going to want to miss any moment. If you are going with a friends, take turns if you have to use the restroom so you can fill each other in on what you missed.

Every actor in this movie was brilliant. I think Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, and Leonardo DiCaprio should get Academy Awards for their work. Jamie Foxx should get the Academy Award for best actor again! So, everyone go and get your ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment