Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dating

I want to address a topic that gets under my skin. I have had this conversation of how some black men have decided not to date black women at all. Then I think back to what Wesley Snipes said in an interview. To sum it all up, Wesley made a statement saying that he will never date Black women again because they are too loud and ghetto. WTF? Like he his the nerve to talk about someone. Then another black man I talked to said that to him it applies to Hispanic women, too.

Well, I'm a 28 year old African-American/Black woman and I want to know what do these men mean by ghetto? Is it that black and Hispanic women don't take some black men shit and these bitch ass men can't man up? Or is that they have meet their match and they can't take the heat? Or is it that they would rather be lied to than have someone tell them the truth? Or is it they want someone to kiss their ass?

I'm tired of hearing how Black women are labeled as whores, bitches, and gold diggers. Even if we are educated and decided to date a man who is equally educated as us, then we are labeled as a gold digger. If we go out on many dates to figure out what we want in a man, but not have sex with every guy, we are labeled as whores. If we fly off the handle in a heated discussion or an argument and not agree with everything a man says, then we are labeled bitches.

Today, talking to one of my guy friends, he told me how many Black men in his financial firm will not even think twice about not dating a Black or Hispanic woman. They are too afraid of not having a great background check and want to be able to get into a country club.

Look, I have no problem with anyone dating outside their race, I just want Black women to stop getting a bad rep. What makes me really mad at the situation is that some black men will never give a black woman a chance, even though they were raised by a black woman. They are so obessed with how society sees them and I feel sad for them. The other thing that angers me too, is when a black woman is with a black man for a long period of time and once that man gets fame, he drops his black woman like she was nothing. This black woman helped this man to get him where he is and she sacrificed some her dreams for him.

The one thing I'm proud of is how Barack Obama is so much in love with his wife Michelle. Mrs. Obama is showing the world that black women and every woman of color is worth more than gold. I pray and hope some black men will stop judging and take a black woman out.

2 comments:

  1. You already know who it is... I feel like alot of black men are just not secure enough in their own skin to handle what comes with dealing with a strong black woman... again there might be an underlying issue within their own psyche as well in which theyre using the excuse of a black woman being too "ghetto" or "loud" to cover up the fact that theyre most likely just very intimidated by a black woman and cant operate they way theyre used to operating around their peers and colleagues... long story short... you cant generalize being ghetto or loud to specific race period... thats why I feel thats just an excuse and a coverup to disguise their own insecurities at the end of the day.... CHURCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl good jod job what you say is true...is that we all ask why black men think that way.i love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete