Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Honoring Mothers

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I spent the whole day with my mom. So, today I'm going to honor all the women in my life who are mothers. The first one I'm going to start with is my mom, Jann. I want to thank-you mommy for always being there for me when no one else was. I want to thank-you for always giving me advice even when I didn't listen. Thank-you for always loving me for me and thank-you for always encouraging me to do my best. Thank-you for always having my best interest at heart even when I thought differently, but it was much needed. Lastly, thanks for showing me and teaching me how to be the best woman and person I can be.

I want to thank my other mom, Jessie, for always loving me like her own child. Thank-you for also giving me advice and always encouraging me. Thank-you for always being there for me. Thanks for all the talks,showing me not settle,and I'm just enough.

To my grandma DuBerry, thank-you for always loving me all the time. Thank-you for always being there for me when I would come home and cries everyday from people bullying me. Thank-you for showing me not to settle for any man that is not willing to take care of you versus a man that just wants you to take care of him.

To my Aunt Gina and My Aunt Peaches, thanks for always being the fun and cool aunts. Thanks for always having my back and treating me like your own child. Thanks for always letting me talk to you when I felt as though I couldn't talk to anyone. Lastly, thanks for always encouraging and never judging me.


To my Aunt Valerie, I love how we have become closer since the death of uncle Johnny. I love coming to visit you when I come to New York and all the talks that we have shared. You are very special woman and I can see why my uncle loved you so much. Thanks for being you.

To my cousins Jasmine and Aishlinn, who are first time mothers, I love the bond that we have. Both of you are like my sisters and I pray that you enjoy your new motherhood.

To Denisha, Tiffany, and Kalema, thanks for letting me be a god-mom your kids. We have been friends for over 15 yrs and Denisha for 20 yrs. I pray that we will always stay connected. I love and miss you guys very much.

To all the other mothers in my life who also inspires me, I dedicate this to you too. Aunt Jo Ann, Aunt Jennifer, cousin Mercedes, Jeanetta, Cathy, cousin Lynn, Jackie, Quwana, Katherine, Melissa, Aleka, Tisha, Jacinta, Melva, and of course my late Grandma Carter who I miss terribly. Lastly, for those I missed, I want you know thanks for also being in my life. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. awww girl u gonna make me cry thanx girl and we miss u 2

    ReplyDelete