Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places


This past Mother's Day weekend, I had the pleasure to be in a play called "Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places." It was written, choreographed, and produced by Melissa Huggins, who is a native of New Jersey. Melissa and her crew, Tracy White & Dawn Johnson, all moved to Charlotte a year ago for a change of scenery. Mrs. Huggins is the founder of Body Language Productions in 1982, which is a Christian based.

I have been in many performances before, but I have really enjoyed working with this group of performers. We all have seem to left our egos at the door. We seem to listen to one another. No one has ever tried to be a Chief when they were an Indian. We gave each other constructive criticism and therefore we grew as performers. We encouraged each other when someone was lacking.

The play went well. It was performed at the Boothe Theatre inside the Blumental in Charlotte, NC May 6 and May 7 at 8pm. Every night I came home smiling because I knew I was working, but having fun. Everyone stepped up their game. I now have a theatre family, just like my dancing family. A few years ago, I had a horrible experince with a theatre cast, and now I have come out of my shell. Thank-you everyone. I can't wait to see everyone two weeks from now at the cast party. Love ya'll. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am super happy for you. I know how much you were looking forward to this. I am glad this was a pleasant experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you to meka! I had a blast doing it! & I hope to be able to work with you and the cast again some day soon

    ReplyDelete