Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is Chivalry Dead?

A few weeks ago I went on a date and I thought it was ok. Let me tell you what happened. So, on a Saturday night I hung out with this guy at the movies and he ended up paying for my ticket, which was nice. After the movies, we just sat and talked, just having fun. On Sunday, we went to brunch, but it was a little weird.

First off, I'm small and he had an suv. Instead of helping me into the suv, he watched me slide out of the suv. Laughed and said, "You have to be careful." Really? Then he drove all the way to the restaurant without his wallet. He said, "I can't find my wallet." Come on! I just paid for the meal because not only did he not have his wallet, but I wanted him to know I can take of myself.

To me, I think chivalry is dead. I don't see any men opening doors for women. Just because we say that we are independent, doesn't mean you treat us as though we don't need any help. I also see how men talk to me women. For example, a guy sees a woman/girl and says, "Hey shawty. Come here!" WTF?!? Are we your pets? Don't call me over like I'm your dog and don't look at me like I'm the last piece of meat on earth that you want to devour. Show some class.

In my mother's day, the men courted the women. They took time to talk to the woman, spit their game, and took care of their women. Now a day, some men can't wait to jump in bed with you. If you don't sleep with some men on their time, they automatically stop being nice to you and call you a bitch.

Now, I know there are a hand full who are men of chilvary. But where are they? They are either taken or gay. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm not. Tell what do you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment