Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Celebrities and Their Images

I have loved music since the day my mom played Michael Jackson and I said, "Again!" at the age of 2. I love all genres of music. Now, there are many female rappers that are great at their crafts and there are some that need help. The newest female rapper is Nikki Minaj. I like her rapping style, but I really don't like her stage persona. I was watching the Mo'nique show, where Nikki was on, and Nikki said, "I'm the Monica Lewinski to Wayne." Ummmm......did she really say that? Yes. I know Mo'nique's show is on late night, but anybody can google Nikki or just go on YouTube and find this interview. I also know she was being real about the situation, but it was a little to real for me. She has young women looking up to her and she is basically telling them, you have to suck to get to where you want to be. Wow! What do you think?

I'm also a big movie buff. I have enjoyed watching movies since my late Uncle Johnny introduced me to them at the age of 8. I want to Congratulate Mo'nqiue on winning the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. Now, I know she is a great actress, but many people have been talking about her open marriage. Now when I first heard about an open marriage, I didn't fully understand what it means. An open marriage is when one or both people in the marriage can step out and sleep with other people.

Well, I have been taught that marriage was a union between two people. Am I wrong? Or have we let people do anything they want out fear of being alone or desperation to keep them? Maybe I'm just out of the loop or I'm too harsh of a judge. Or maybe I'm just stuck in olden times. I'm not bashing people, I'm just trying to get you to think. Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Now relationships are my favorite topic. What one couple does may seem odd to another couple. Just like one person may leave a light on at their house and another person may not. We all do things differently. Now the tricky part with open relationships is that you do not do it to save the relationship because you are headed for disaster. Also, because it is open does not mean for you to develop another relationship more than sex. What happens in most cases is that you find in someone else what you seem to be missing at home, and well instead of enhancing what you have you destroy it. And no it is not for everybody.

    On to the other topic of the celebrity role models. We have to be mindful of what we are doing in the public eye. Someone somewhere is watching what we do and listening to what we say. You would think people by now would have more sense than to say what Nikki the rapper has said. This does give a bad face to the industry. We can take something so good and make it awful. Shaking my head(smh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each to their own but last time I checked marriages were suppose to be scared. In my personal opinion theres nothing scared about an open marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to comment on the thought about sacradness in marriage. This is a mindset, and there are rule to open marriages. As long as this is an acceptable practice with the couple and this is not being done to save a marriage then it is all good. Sacrad means that what we find precious and dear we nurture it. If exploratory sex pleases the union and they respect the rules, then it is sacrad. Otherwise we begin to enslave people and then one day we are either the walking dead because we could not really talk to our mates or we get a divorce.

    ReplyDelete