Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Kindness

So, I was trying to figure out what to write and my mom gave me this topic, kindness. Thanks. The dictionary says that kindness is a nice deed and its synonym is affection. But do we show kindness to one another or do we simple don't care? To me, the generation of kids growing up these days don't know anything about kindness. They talk back to their parents, they bully their peers, they throw tantrums, and they just don't give a damn. I'm so glad I didn't become a teacher. I would be fired on the first day and the principal would say, "Ms. Carter, you can't hit these children!"

We as adults don't show each other kindness, either. We are always look out for number one. We get mad at people, who work hard to get to where they are, when they make more money than us. We also don't want to help one another out because we feel that person is going to take our job or spot.

What I really like about our President is that he and other authorities from other countries came together to help the Haitian people. Our President was willing to show is kindness by helping the Haitians rebuild and start a new chapter in their lives. He wasn't going to be like our other president, who let people sit out in the hot sun on top of houses day in and day out with no food or water. Our president is a prime example of showing us that kindness goes along way.

Since the earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, and Taiwan God or your higher power is trying to tell us something. He is telling us that we need one another. So, let's go out and show our kindness to one aonther. Try giving kindness to someone you don't know. It will not make you feel better about yourself, but it will also make someone smile and/or make someone's day.

2 comments:

  1. Kindness has limits. Even the kindest person it seems has a limit. I read something that Alice Walker wrote in one of her books. I believe it was called, "In Search of Our Mother's Garden". Anyway she said that it does no good for a person to say they know something when they do nothing. Our kindness should have logic. It is when you are convenienced that you find out if you are really kind or not. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it does has it's limits.
    To be kind is possible for all! Then again is not done by all! The way I view it, is that not everybody deserves it, and to determine who does is your own choice. Either way you slice it someone, some where will always find fault!!

    ReplyDelete