Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sex Slaves

Last night I was watching MSNBC there were two shows of sex slaves. One was about women being shipped to America and the other was about children being turned into sex slaves. What has this world come to? These shows made me cry and I can't believe this happens right here under our noses.

The show were the women were being shipped here, the women came replying to job ads. The women were thinking they were making a better life for their families. Most of these women were single mothers and college students. One of the single mothers was given beer the moment she arrived here and she doesn't even drink. Her new job was to drink and as many drinks she drinks, men can touch any part of her body. WTF? Then the number of drinks a man buys the woman, that's as long as he has sex with her. Are they for real? Many of these women were raped and murdered for trying to get help. Some were just raped everyday as a threat and hold over their lives. OMG!

The other show with the children was just horrible. These two cousins, who were 14 and 15, were taken while they were walking to a gas station by a pimp and his two women. In less than 24 hours, these two cousins were taken across state lines so they could start their new jobs servicing truck drivers at truck stops. The cousins parents were looking for them. Once they found the house the young girls were held hostage in, the parents called the police. The thing that I didn't get was how long the police took to rescue the girls. It took 6 calls from 6 different people for the police to arrive. Two hours and a beat down later, where one father is now disabled, the police arrived.

What is wrong with people? To me, it seems as though the police aren't doing their jobs. Are we supposed to feel safe now? I don't. I see why ordinary people go and bear arms. I just wanted to inform you what was going on while you are sleeping in your nice comfy beds. Pray for these women and children. I know I will be!

2 comments:

  1. I watched the same show last week on MSNBC...it's truly sad!!!! We definitely need to be the voice of these voiceless women and children and stand up for them. I don’t what is sexy or seductive about the rape of a woman or a child but it’s not RIGHT!!! Men are Animals and should be caged. Pedophiles should be castrated or given death sentence. I am a woman and have nephews, nieces and little cousins…I want the best for them but with sickos like this on the streets women and children have to watch their backs and be VERY VIGILANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I heard about the cousins and the police not responding to the call smh, so horrible! Its a shame all that is going on and even what is now revealed is probably just a wiff of all that is really going on that we don't see, we don't want to see or we ignore...can't imagine these women and their plight...praying definitely!

    ReplyDelete