Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Two Sides To Every Story

One of my pet peeves is when people meet you for the first time and they say they don't like you because what their friend said about you. WTF? Does anyone have a mind these days or do we just go with the flow so we can feel accepted? We should try to get to know a person because we want to and not because we hear a one sided story.

Many people I have met for the first time haven't wanted to get to know me because of what their friend say about me. I have a friend that is a mutual friend of one of my ex-boyfriends. The guy and I started to become good friends until my ex-boyfriend decided to get jealous of the friendship. So, in order for my ex-boyfriend to the friend not talk to me, he decides to tell the friend what he felt I did wrong in the relationship to make it go sour. What an idiot!

First off, I really do not like my business to be out there. Secondly, I'm not the only one that did something wrong. It takes two people to make up a relationship. Thirdly, I appreciate how he decided to tell the friend all the negatives I did in the relationship.

Now, the friend doesn't really talk to me anymore. When we do talk, its very short with one worded answers to questions. Sometimes I feel like yelling, "I'm not such a bad person. You should know my side of the story." I feel at times, I never get a chance to defend myself. My ex is no angel. I just feel a little sad for losing a friend over dumb stuff, but in reality that friend was never real. A real friend will be friends with you no matter what anyone says.

Thanks for letting be rant and vent. Lata

1 comment:

  1. I can only say Amen. This is the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete